5.09.2008

time to let go...

so i work a day shift at a bar as a "bartender"... this means i am actually a glorified stock boy... no problem though, cause i like working where i do, and the potential for better shifts is almost on the horizon, so i work my shifts with a smile and do what im told... here's the problem... my job is basically to set up the bar for the night shift, which begins at 5pm... usually i get beer delivery at 10 - 11 am and i put the beer in the coolers in the early afternoon (done by 2:30pm) so that the night shift has cold beer to serve when they start... (no problems yet) so i've beeen getting a beer delivery at 4:30 pm for the last 3 weeks now, and it was seriously ruining my day because i would then have to rush around frantically trying to get beer in the cooler by 5pm... then i would leave work super pissed off... that was the problem... so today i came to a realization... it's not my problem... i still had to put the beer in the coolers and what not, but today i didn't let myself be pissed off about having to set up so late... it wasn't my fault so i'm not going to feel bad about it... plain and simple...

it was such a sharp change in my normal mode of thinking at work... i can't control everything, and i can't let the things out of my control get me angry, mad, sad, whatever!

toady was oddly a really good day... i love it when that happens... :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Words of wisdom, for sure! I will try to adopt the same policy...