7.12.2008

it's getting worse

Holy crap... So I think this whole "internet community" thing is slowly taking over my life... I will not use twitter, I will not use twitter, I will not use twitter...

I started out like most people, (although a little late) on myspace. Then I graduated to facebook. Both of which I like, but I preferred facebook. Now that myspace is slowly turning itself into facebook, I really like facebook better. But recently I have discovered some completely different online communities. These are groups that I knew existed, but never bothered to investigate, because I was completely happy with myspace and facebook.

First is flickr. I really love the idea of posting pictures and having people actually look at them, and talk about them. Not like profile pictures, more like this is what I like to do pictures. Then I kind of got into the youtube community, but my computer hardly has the capacity for video production, so my participation in that community was limited. Although, I do like to browse through channels, and friends of friends of friends. But now I think my life is slowly being taken over by Yelp!

Yelp is insane! This is a whole different online community. Different because they actually schedule events, and do things as a group! It's amazing! AND people talk about food, all the time! I think I'm in heaven... Plus their message boards are chock full of all kinds of random conversations and discussions. Right now I'm reading about joining a kickball league, and possibly meeting people down at the beach to eat your favorite on-the-go instant ramen dish. They go to new restaurants together, and drink. People seem helpful and understanding, rather than hateful and vindictive like they seem on many other online communities. I've been a member for two days, and have reviewed three places, created a new bi-monthly event, and gotten priceless information on where to get good food.

My life is over, or is it just beginning?

1 comment:

James said...

Just don't use it as a substitute.